Are you looking for the best sewing machine for quilting?
A machine that is all about quality, perfection, and performance? Perhaps a chance to take your sewing experience to the next level. Then you are in for a treat. We have prepared a complete review that will help you choose a top quilter’s sewing machine.
Given the increase in the variety of sewing machines, it’s hard to tell which devices are legit and which ones are a waste of time. Following this review, we are going to help you understand different aspects to consider and what makes a particular product unique from all the rest. Brace your self for the most exciting products you can get hands on.
Top Sewing Machines for Quilting Comparison
|Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW|
|Singer Quantum Stylist 9960|
The Brother XM2701
Top on the list is an entirely versatile sewing machine meant to take your experience with fabric to the next level. Talk about a 27-stitch free arm sewing machine capable of handling more than one sewing task. This is the sewing machine for the job. In addition to this fantastic aspect, it suits every user from the beginner level to the advanced.
When dealing with a variety of designs, you will find this machine very efficient in your task. Since the device is equipped with 27 different built-in stitches from decorative to zigzag, providing maximum performance when in use.
It comes with a secure threading system which automatically pushes the threat through the needle, to reduce the amount of strain on the needle.
The machine is designed with LED lights which are used for brightening the work area for a vivid working space. It also has 6 quick change sewing feet for dealing with all sorts of sewing requirements.
What to like
The XM2701 is equipped with jam-resistant capability w, meant to keep the bobbin in place during operation providing the best sewing quality.
What not to like about the product
There are cases of malfunction, where after installation, the product might not function correctly. For instance, it may skip while in use. Not an enjoyable experience especial when working on a tight schedule.
- The product is highly effective, providing designers with an upper hand in designing ( that’s to the 27 built-in stitches ).
- Users have free customer tech support to help them with their problems at all times.
- The machine comes with a great DVD which provides you with a step to step procedure on how to use the product.
- There are complications with the machine since at times customers complain about malfunctions related to its operation.
- The DVD provided only comes in two languages English and Spanish, which might be a foreign language in most countries.
- The LED light used on the product is dim to the user, which causes a lot of strain while using the machine.
Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW
If you are looking for consistency in your stitch quality, then it’s high time you explored this incredible sewing machine. It comes with exceptional quality standards, which include 50 stitches, which can be customized depending on the style you want to achieve.
The maximum sewing speed of up 850 stitches per minute. Six specialty feet, accompanying stitches and specialty needles to enjoy designer features while handling your fabric. 5 one-step buttonholes which are sized to fit specific buttons to achieve custom results. Nothing is more exciting, like a versatile sewing machine that is all about improving your performance.
What to like
The machine comes with 50 sewing stitches and 87 stitch functions, which are aimed at providing users with the best sewing experience. Designers have options to explore.
What’s not to like about the machine
The machine is recommended in countries that don’t support 120v Ac, even when using the adapter. A limitation factor in some countries.
- The machine provides designers with more techniques to implement amazing outcomes.
- It is easy to comprehend and use.
- It’s equipped with advanced needle threading system 7 to provide outstanding performance.
- At times there are complications associated with the machine.
- While using the machine, the needle might hit the bobbin increasing cost on repairs.
- There is no button to bring the needle up; one has to do it manually.
The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960
Full fill your creative dreams by acquiring a fantastic sewing machine that is entirely versatile and effective. The computerized Sewing machine comes with a ravishing design that is utterly unique to any other sewing machine. It comes with an automatic needle threader meant to eliminate strain when handling the needle.
Equipped with 600 built stitches, the device is the best in the market. In terms of speed, it takes 850 stitches per minute with an impressive performance.
What to like
The singer quantum 9960 is extremely ravishing from its design. With a large table that provides a larger working area essential for effective Quilting.
What’s not to like
At times the thread may get stuck while in use ( hand wheel becomes hard to turn).
The machine has an extension table which is more efficient when dealing with larger projects.
It has a one-touch stitch selection which is used to choose the type of stitch you want to use while sewing.
The machine is easy to comprehend and use.
While in use, users may encounter a problem with the handle, especially if the handle has been jammed.
There are complications with the threads, even though the manual may emphasis using an invisible nylon thread.
The machine is more massive compared to other sewing machines.
The Singer 3232
The singer 3232 is one machine that comes with an automatic needle threader. As a beginner, this is the best sewing machine to get started. Not only do you have the ability to develop your sewing skills, but improve your creative skills as well. The tool provides quick and easy threading, a 32 built-in stitches not forgetting a built in 1 step buttonhole.
In addition to the fantastic features, the sewing machine also comes with accessories. Some of the accessories include A buttonhole foot, Seam Ripper, Lint Brush, a darning Plate, and many more.
What to like
The sewing machine is equipped with 32 built-in stitches meant to improve general performance. The stitches include 6 stretch, 6 Essentials, 19 Decorative and not forgetting one Buttonhole.
What not to like
At times when changing the bobbin, the entire assembly may fall out, yet there are no instruction guiding users on how to assemble the product.
- The machine is straightforward to use, best for beginners.
- It has an impressive sewing speed of up to 750 stitches per minute, best when dealing with larger projects.
- It has an automatic reverse sewing machine to reverse and reinforce the stitching.
- Users mostly encounter problems when replacing the bobbin
- At times there are problems associated with the needle threader, especially when it’s jamming.
- There are no instructions to help users assemble the machine back to its original state in case of complications.
The Brother HC1850
To make the best out of your designs, the HC1850 sewing machine is what you need. Talk about a fantastic multipurpose sewing machine that comes loaded with outstanding features.
With this fantastic machine, you are invincible. It comes with 130 Built-in stitches to provide you with professional experience, including eight styles to explore freely.
Apart from its amazing features, the machine also comes with several accessories that are simple and exciting to use. Some of the accessories include button sewing foot, quilting foot, blind stitch foot, and overcasting foot.
What to like
The machine has 130 built-in stitches to improve your level of creativity and performance.
What’s not to like
The level of durability varies depending on the degree of usage. At times the machine may not work effectively after a short period in use.
- Using the machine is extremely easy on any fabric
- Thanks to the Drop feed for free motion quilting feature, users can get creative on their projects.
- You can operate a machine with or without the foot control.
- The product is less durable compared to other machines.
- Users may encounter problems like thread breaking.
- There are problems related to the jamming of the threader.
Sewing Machine Buyer’s Guide
- Brother XM2701
- Most Important feature
- The 27 Unique Built-in stitches to improve the productivity of the machine.
- The Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW
- Most important features
- Ultra Lightweight and portable perfect for carrying from room to room.
- A super bright working area, for an efficient visual experience, to help you make the correct designs.
- The Quantum Stylist 9960
- Most important feature
- An Extension table- to provide ample working space, especially when dealing with larger projects.
- Heavy duty metal frame to protect the internal components of the machine.
- The Singer Simple 3232
- Most important features
- Adjustable stitch length and width-preventing bunching when dealing with any All one has to do it turn to dial.
- Brother Hc1850
- Most important feature
- The sewing machines come with 130 Built-in stitches, which include eight styles to improve your level of creativity. A chance to make more detailed designs on a single project.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many instances why a sewing machine may not make a stitch. The most common reason is the bobbin set. If the bobbin is not correctly placed and the upper tension of the device is not threaded correctly, the chances are that you will not make a stitch. Also, ensure that the presser foot is up when seating the thread via the upper tension.
Looping stitches are as a result of different factors. First, there are cases where the machine is not threaded correctly. If the device is threaded accurately, then there must be a problem with the thread tension.
There are many factors that you have to consider to make the best choice. First find the intended use, the type of fabric you are going to use, and the final design you are expecting.
If you are looking for a sewing machine under $500, the Brother HC1850 is the best choice. Different devices offer different prices.
The design and fabric to be used also plays a huge role in determining the specific device to be used. A good example is the Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW, which only costs $20 more than most entry-level sewing machines, but offers more than 50 stitches and has 750+ positive reviews on Amazon.
If you are looking for a machine for home use. Go for a tool that is powerful and durable, like the Brother XM2701. With more than 1,000+ positive reviews it’s the most recommended sewing machine on Amazon.
If the thread is nor correctly places or is the tension is too high, the chance is that the bobbin will break.
Depending on the manufacturer of the machine, you might have a warranty or not. Most companies have a warranty between 1 and 25 years.
The winner is the Brother HC1850 sewing machine. Mainly due to its outstanding capabilities. It is the best choice for all levels of expertise from the beginner to the expert. The 130 stitches are the best when dealing with decorative designs for more creativity. You can use both hands and legs to operate the machine.
It also has a more substantial extension table for working on larger projects. In addition to its incredible performance, its design is exceptionally ravishing an attractive with an original design right from the manufacturer.
Different sewing machines come with various designs; the only question is which type of device are you looking for? Make every design worth the effort by exploring the best sewing machines in the market and live to tell the story.